Brass band repost?

Nigel,

About a month ago, on the TPIN, you posted an interesting description of
the brass band situation in the U.K. I've noticed most of the people who
have posted to the BBML so far are not people who would likely have
subscribed to the TPIN.

I would not mind at all seeing a repost of the original TPIN post on this
list. People might find it of interest. I would. It was sort of a brass
band FAQ before anyone had time to ask the questions.

Perhaps to stimulate posts and give time for questions and opinions you
could break it up into parts and post it over time by subject and open the
subject areas to comments about regional variations and similarities, ie.
U.K., Ireland, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, USA, Canada,
&etc.(Japan?).

I was going to unsubscribe while I went on vacation for the next couple of
weeks, but have now decided to stay subscribed so I will not miss any of
the posts. I'm fortunate that my ISP doesn't have any size limitations on
my mailbox so I can read the posts when I get back.

Thanks. I've enjoyed reading the posts we've has so far. I really enjoyed
the "Fanfare" review sent by attachment by Tjip Zigterman. I wasn't aware
of all the musical organisation variations about which he spoke in his
original post.

More later.

Ralph Jones
El Paso, Texas