Band

Hi all!
Well, I've just been reading the mail, but last night at band rehearsal
(Orange Symphonic Band, Orange, Calif.), a euphonium/trombone friend of mine
got to talking about brass bands. Well, this brought to mind an audio(!) tape
of the Grimethorpe Colliery Band I had. They played Holst's Moorside Suite,
Ireland's Overture, Elgar's Severn Suite, and Bliss' Kenilworth.
However, there is nothing about the band itself, except that it is conducted
by Elgar Howarth.
Could someone give me a short history of the band, so that I could include it
in my index and histories of my band recordings? I would really appreciate
it.
Thanx. Graham A. Treadway, trombone (Conn 88H) graham95@xxxxxxx