Re: Band

> Well, this brought to mind an audio(!) tape
>of the Grimethorpe Colliery Band I had. They played Holst's Moorside Suite,
>Ireland's Overture, Elgar's Severn Suite, and Bliss' Kenilworth.
>However, there is nothing about the band itself, except that it is conducted
>by Elgar Howarth.
>Could someone give me a short history of the band, so that I could include it
>in my index and histories of my band recordings? I would really appreciate
>it.
>Thanx. Graham A. Treadway, trombone (Conn 88H) graham95@xxxxxxx

Graham,

I don't have any information on the band, but here's a great CD!

Order the CD (I got my copy at Block Buster Music):

"Arnold ON Brass"
Grimethorpe Colliery Band
conducted by Elgar Howarth
and Sir Malcom Arnold

Conifer Classics #74321-16848-2
Distributed by BMG Classics

Malcon Arnold-
Four Scottish Dances, Op.59
Little Suite No.2 for Brass Band, Op.93
English Dances, Op.27
Enmglish Dances, Op.33
Fantasy for Brass Band, Op.114
Little Suite no.1 for Brass Band, Op.80
Four Cornish Dances, Op.91
The Padstow Lifeboat, Op.94

Elgar Howarth is also a composer and used to play trumpet

Good luck.

Ralph Jones
El Paso, Texas
USA