Revelation - The Open test-piece

Reading the postings to the list over the last few days, it has become apparent
that there is actually very little discussion going on between people actually
involved in the banding movement.  Of course, I'm glad that so many people are
showing an interest in the banding scene, but what I had hoped to see on this
list was some really good discussions between people who already knew all about
it!  And what's all this about saxophones?!?

So, if there are any people out there who share my views (I'm sorry if I offend
anyone, but I wouldn't subscribe to the Cello list if I didn't play the Cello,
why is this different?), then perhaps we could have some really good banding
chats.

To start off, does anyone have any opinions on the new Open test-piece
'Revelation - Symphony for Double Brass on a theme of Henry Purcell'(phew!) by
Philip Wilby.  Of course, no-one will really know until it's heard, but the idea
of two seperate bands, and almost every member having a stand-up solo or duet of
some sort, really intrigues me.  What does everyone else think?  Is it a good
thing for banding?  Maybe someone out there actually has to play it in
September!  They could really give us an idea of what it's like.

Best wishes,

-Tim
--
Tim Morgan
Bass Trombonist, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass, French Open Champions 1995.