Re: The music you like - some ideas

Nigel writes in responce to an earlier message:

>> I wonder whether your Classic FM in the Netherlands is the same as ours in
>> the UK ?
>
>It is owned by the same company. What beefs me is they play plenty of
>arrangements for obscure orchestrations, harps and so on, but nothing for
>brass band, not even original music like Blitz.

They do play very little of our (or is it only your?) music.
However I do have the experience that they are open to suggestions. And the
saturday afternoon Art-and-Culture programm is partly meant for this
non(specific)classical music.
Last wednesday they aired the Suite of Westside Story by the Dutch Wind
Ensemble at full length. (Great that was.)

Call them or fax them (next time I will have the faxnumber at hand.)

Let's see if they are in anyway on the net?

Tjip Zigterman