Re: bands

>I would like to add that we often perform (what is called) Folk Festival by
>Shostakovich (don't know if he called it that too).
>Recently I heard it performed by a symphony orch. And actually I think the
>fanfaresetting suits the music and it's intention better then the symph. orch.!
>Nothing as powerfull as brass&wind.

Do you know if this is the same as a piece published by the S.A. called Folk
Dances, also by Shostakovich?  I don't really know how to explain to you how
our piece sounds.  (The first two bars are repeated
"BAH,bu-buh-buh-buh,BAH".) By the end it gets very fast and furious.
The piece itself is not that common (I've never heard a symphony play it)
but I think I remember something about it was for a piece called "Circus" by
Shostakovich.  (Of course, it's Saturday, blazingly hot here and I could be
mad!!!)

Erik.
epittock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx