Re: Author's query

You'll undoubtedly get a lot of response to your request for anecdotes on
tenor/alto horns. Just two points that might be missed:

1. Some French horn transferees use a special bushing to fit in the horn's
receiver that adapts to a French horn mouthpiece.

2. The USArmy (I think) brass band has issued a recording of (maybe Weber's)
magnum opus on which the tenor player sounds like a magnificent cornet in
the upper register, and a super-trombone in the lower--all the time not
losing his tenor identity. Sorry I can't give a better identification of
the composer, the work, the player, or the group--it's all tucked away
somewhere in the volatile memory of my head. Maybe other subscribers will
have better memory than I (but my memories are at least the equal of any
that they may have.

Play well.  Basil