looking for music (fwd)

sekramer
>From sekramer Tue Jul 18 22:58:08 1995
Subject: looking for music
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 22:58:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hiya!

I am a trumpet player in the Michigan Technological University
Brass Quintet.  I recently heard a piece entitled
"Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary"  by the Columbia Brass ensemble,
and would like to acquire this piece for our group to perform
later in the year.

Does anyone know where I can buy an arrangement for brass quintet?

Our URL is:	http://www.me.mtu.edu/~sekramer/mtubq.html
check it out for on-line recordings!

Also, I am playing in a rather unique band for the summer -
the 5th Michigan Regimental Band.  We are a Civil War Re-enactment
band and just recently performed at Gettysburg over the Fourth of July.
We play on original and replica horns, including the full range of
saxhorns, frontals, circular, keyed bugle, trombone, baritone, and tuba.

I used to play a 1857 Allen that was the most beautiful sounding
instrument I have played.  Any other re-enacters out there?

Oh... the piece that I am looking for is written by Henry Purcell!

thanks,
-steve

?       Stephen E. Kramer  -  sekramer@xxxxxxx			      ?
?       http://www.me.mtu.edu/~sekramer/				    ?
?       -Junior Mech. Eng. student at Michigan Tech. U.   Houghton	  ?
?	-Proponent of Molecular Manufacturing / Nanotechnology	   ?
?       "Never speak more clearly than you think."   -Jeremy Bernstein      ?
?	   "We are what we pretend to be, so we must		       ?
?	    be careful about what we pretend to be."   -Kurt Vonnegut      ?
?  A new idea is declared impossible until the day it is declared obvious   ?