Festive overture

Beth Hronek asks if the BB arrangment of Shostakovich's Festive Overture
is as good as the orch. original.  I think this is one of those rare
cases of a work that is actually *better* suited to an all brass setting.
We just did Peter Kitson's arr. in concert F with the BB of Columbus;
there is also an arr. in concert A-flat, and the Antrobus arr. in (gulp!)
concert A, Shostskovich's original key. All of them really "kick."

BTW, if you get your band to do it, save some wear on your conductor's
arm and let them beat it in 1!

Cheers,

Martin D. Jenkins			mjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Music Library Coordinator/
  Humanities Team LeaderVoice: (513) 873-4983
Wright State University			FAX: (513) 873-2356

	  "Timing is everything in doing a rain dance."