Re: American "English" Style Brass Bands

Most Brass Bands in the US that I have seen use the traditional
instrumentation.  Although,  some use french horns so you might consider
adding that part for them.  As far as the low brass players go you have to
realize that many tubists including myself play on CC, F, and Eb horns.  The
Treble Clef Eb parts are easy to transpose and read, but the Treble BBb parts
are harder for someone who might play CC tuba.  I have a much easier time
sight-reading a BBb part transposed to bass clef.  I feel if we want this
musical activity to grow in the states it should not be something someone
would be inhibited(sp) to join because there are only treble clef bass parts
to play.  Just my thoughts.

George