Re: Brass band in NE IL?

In message <950723200450_39121401@xxxxxxx> BergerJS@xxxxxxx writes:

> Hello, all.  Might anyone know about a young musician's brass band in
> Northeastern Illinois-perhaps close to Arlington Heights?  I am a trumpet
> player that has always been interested in Brass Bands, and I have loved to
> play music since I was 5.  I am hoping to find a band for ages 13 and up.  I
> would greatly aprreciate all your help.  Please email me privately.

Hello Jeremy, and welcome to the group. I'm sure you already know this,
but just in case you didn't, and for anyone else unsure, you do realise
that brass bands (as in the sense used in this group) do not use trumpets.
Indeed their use could, no forget that - would, cause a band to be disqualified
at a contest.

Most trumpet players when they move to a brass band take up the cornet,
but may I suggest you think about soprano? The lip pressures and techniques
are more suited to a trumpet player.

Good luck in your search!

--
Nigel Horne, Technical Director SoftCare Media Systems Ltd.
Internet: njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Fidonet: Nigel Horne @ 2:2502/21.10;