Re: Timps

I've never seen or heard of the "cut away" timps that Nigel describes,
but I do know that in the US, Ludwig made portable timpani with legs
that retract into the drum, and use a hand-crank tuning mechanism.
There are also drums out there that have chain-collar tuning, and rest
on a collapsible basket/tripod arrangement. These are nice because there
is nothing going into the bowl of the drum.  Either of these types is
pretty easy to move around.

Martin D. Jenkins			mjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Music Library Coordinator/
  Humanities Team LeaderVoice: (513) 873-4983
Wright State University			FAX: (513) 873-2356

	  "Timing is everything in doing a rain dance."