[no subject]

  • To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Steef.Klepke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 02:09:00 -0400
  • X400-mts-identifier: [/PRMD=LANGATE/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=GB/;Tue Aug 8 02:09:19 199500]
  • X400-originator: Steef.Klepke@2488FPD.urlnl.sprint.com
  • X400-received: by /PRMD=LANGATE/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=GB/; Relayed; Tue, 8 Aug 1995 02:09:00 -0400
  • X400-received: by /PRMD=LANGATE/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=GB/; Relayed; Tue, 8 Aug 1995 02:09:00 -0400
  • X400-received: by /PRMD=LANGATE/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=GB/; Relayed; Tue, 8 Aug 1995 02:09:00 -0400
  • X400-received: by /PRMD=LANGATE/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=GB/; Relayed; Tue, 8 Aug 1995 02:09:00 -0400
  • X400-recipients: non-disclosure:;

     Hi all,

     Ofcourse I have to reply on Phil Gordon`s story. And ofcourse I have
     to talk about of the Salvation Army Brass Bands. Most people think
     that the SA only play`s hymn tunes and sometimes a march. But when you
     take the effort to go to a concert of a (good) SA band, like the
     Enfield Citadel Band, the International Staff Band or the Chalk Farm
     Band to name a few, than you will get a whole other picture of what is
     going on the brass world. Specially the last few years it became
     tradition that the Enfield Cit. Band do a big concert with band like
     Black Dyke and Williams Fairey. Also the recordings made from that are
     superb!
     Unfortunately the bands of the SA in the Netherlands get less or none
     support of BB`ers from outside the SA. What really is a pity because
     when the Amsterdam Staff Band was invited to play on our brass band
     contest as guest band, they all where outstanding enthousiast. Because
     our repertoire also include very interesting solo`s, arrangements from
     classics, major works by composers such as RSA, Graham and Bulla,
     briliant marches and super swing pieces.  So what is the problem
     anyway?

     I have been at the Royal Albert Hall about 10 years for the BB
     contests and it was every year fantastic to be there seeing how bands
     are doing there absolute best to be The best. (however in my little
     opinion Black Dyke is still the best, winner or not!)

     Steef