Michael Lind

Michael Lind on records

Please forgive me if I am posting this to the wrong list--in my
wealth of ignorance about the computer, I pressed the wrong
button, and erased the incoming message I wanted to reply to.

I have an LP record issued on 4th March 1979 by

	      Four Leaf Clover Records
	      Ja'rnva'gsgatan 70
	      172 35 Sundbyberg, Sweden

 (' represents an umlaut, or whatever  it's called
 in the Swedish language.)

Featured works are:

   Effie Suite by the late Alec Wilder, an incredibly versatile
composer,who wrote a huge number of pieces for tuba, as well as
some popular songs that were featured in motion pictures--and
probably a lot of other works that I don't begin to know about.

   Concertant Suite by Christer Danielsson, for solo tuba and
four French horns. Lovely sound.

   Arban's Carnival of Venice. Michael comes off as Mr. Clean
in this one. I've never heard such impeccable technique anywhere
else--on any brass instrument. His tone is a little "dry" to my
taste, but there seem to be lots of Continental conductors and
performers that prefer this sound.

   The record is rounded out by Erland van Koch's Monolog for
tuba alone and a Tuba Ballet by Julius Jacobsen.

Play well!     Basil Wentworth