Re: subscribe brass-band David M Richoux

>As the list is new the amount of traffic will be low
>for now, so feel free to send a message of introduction
>to the list.
My name is David M. Richoux <tubaman@xxxxxxxxxx>

I am a Bass and Euphonium player in the San Francisco Bay Area, playing
many styles of music for the last 20+ years at a amature and
semi-professional level. I have been collecting early brass instruments
from all over the world, and enjoy playing them (I am having a bit of a
problem with my 1850's Eb Ophicleide, if anyone has any alternate fingering
charts, please let me know). I also host a weekly radio program on
non-commercial KFJC 89.7fm presenting trad jazz and brass band music
(British and American styles).

I am always looking for like-minded musicians in my area to establish a
authentic Brass Band, but it seems to be a hard thing to do. I find it
amazing that something as important to the lives of our recent ancestors in
both the UK and the US as brass band music was, is now almost forgotten in
the main-stream culture.

Maybe the Internet will provide some answers.

Thank You for providing this forum