Composition available

Hello friends,

As you all know I'm not a brassband member, just a britonesax player in a
fanfare-orchestra who can appreciate brassband music.

One of my fellow musicians wrote a fanfare composition but has as yet not
been able to find a publisher for it.
As our rehearsels started again yesterday I talked to him about the
posibility of putting it "on the net". He agreed.

It's a composition called "Time's Up", it has three parts, the duration is
about ten minutes and for me it is hard to describe what sound to expect,
other then to say it's a very likeable piece and not a traditional one. (You
should be somewhat openminded to see the beauty of it I suppose.)
The experienced conductors among you will be able to guess more of what to
expect from the score.

The instrumentation:
Soprano, alto1,2, tenor1,2 and baritonesax
Flugelhorn 1,2,3 Bb
Horn 1,2,3 F
Trumpet 1,2,3 Bb
Trombone 1,2,3 C
Baritone Bb
Bass Eb, Bb
Vibraphone
Timpani
Snaredrum
Percussion

As far as playin it with a brassband? The composer had some doubts as to
loss of the meant sound when some parts are played by other instruments but
was kinda curious as to what it would amount to.

There will be no charge other then maybe the postage. There are however a
few conditions:
a. The score should not be copyed on to again another band,
b. When actually performed he would like a recording of the performance and
a     copy of the programm in which he should be credited.

So if anyone is interested, please mail me direct.

Tjip
This was brought to you by:
Tjip, Sabine and Tjerk Zigterman    http:\\www.xs4all.nl/tjip/index.html
HomePage to the Dutch Fanfare Orchestra and several other Wind Bands