Bugel =?= Bugle

Hi friends,

In my message about an available composition for the inerested ones among
you (Time's UP!) I mentioned that one section consisted of bugles.

Ever since I wrote it I am doubtfull about this: Is what we in Holland call
"bugel"
(a Bb instrument) the same instrument as what y'all call "bugle"?
(And is that the same in the UK and US?

Help me out here please.

BTW The "bugel" does have 3 valves so it's not the same as the instrument
played by the famous "Bugle-boy of company C".

Tjip
[Who realises he's getting more and more interested in the brassband-world
and is actually contemplating on learning the bariton/euphonium the moment
his sax-playing is to his own satisfaction and he can spare the time to
learn more :-)  ]
This was brought to you by:
Tjip, Sabine and Tjerk Zigterman    http:\\www.xs4all.nl/tjip/index.html
HomePage to the Dutch Fanfare Orchestra and several other Wind Bands