What's wrong with Peter Parkes?

Hi,

Does anybody know why Fairey did not continue with Peter Parkes?
I read in a Dutch magazine, the band likes a conductor with more
"modern" thoughts.

I do not know what's the problem with Major Parkes. I still think
he is one of the very best conductors in the brassband-scene.

Other question: How many players will join him in the move
to Grimethorpe?
I think Sandy Smith (Solo horn with Parkes at Dyke and Fairey)
will move on short terms.

Kind regards,
--
Jacob Bakker

After an instrument has been assembled, extra components will be found
on the bench.