Keyed Bugle

You're right of course, on both counts. That'll teach me to work on a
bank holiday, I can't count or read my own essays properly. However the
differing use of the word 'bugle' on either side of the channel is still a
valid point.

Although I have no evidence for it, I was always told that continental bands
make more use of Flugels than "we" do, so the interpretation that although
'bugle = flugel' may be strictly speaking correct, were the piece to be played
in the UK it would be valid for the parts to be played on cornets.

--
Nigel Horne, Technical Director SoftCare Media Systems Ltd.
Internet: njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Fidonet: Nigel Horne @ 2:2502/21.10;