Message of introduction

Hello! A short missive to intro myself to the list.

I am new to the brass band scene, have fallen in love with playing
cornet, the whole experience, and just CANNOT say enough about it.

I have just become a member of the Imperial Brass (currently in the
Repiano Cornet chair), which is based in South River, New Jersey -
and one of only 2 or 3 bands in the state, AND winner of the West
Point, NY brass band competition 2 years in a row! We have EXCELLENT
personnel, and a wonderful conductor.

Our personnel manager is Mark Freeh - perhaps some of you may know
him?

I must say that this is one of the most unique and totally
experiences I have ever had as a brass player and musician - both as
a participant, and in ABSOLUTE appreciation of what I have heard the
UK bands do. I am totally knocked on my "bum", folks. I can't get
enough of playing or listening!

Just went right out and purchased a beautiful Getzen Eterna Bb
Cornet, w/red brass bell. Exquisite. (Not to knock the Sovereigns of
course! I was happily borrowing a Besson 700 from the band over the
summer to get used to playing cornet, but that would JUST not do -
I'm REALLY serious.<grin>)

Well, not to run on too long...can you tell I think this is the best
thing since chocolate? Looking forward to total and passionate
immersion in this, corresponding with everyone out there, and getting
all the info I can!

Bells up!

Alison