Re: NZ NATIONAL BAND TOUR

>Hello Kirsten

Are you aware of the fact that a european composer (Hardy Mertens) composed
a piece called MAORI?

It's originally for fanfare orchestra (a rather specific dutch/belgian form
of a community windband) but it can probably me arranged for other
instrumentation.

Our (fanfare)band has performed it, it's a beautiful solo of the flugelhorn,
with the rest of the band accompanying it to a level where music completely
turns into feel!
It just gets me ecstatic every time!

Mail me if you want more info.

Tjip
This was brought to you by:
Tjip, Sabine and Tjerk Zigterman    http:\\www.xs4all.nl/tjip/index.html
HomePage to the Dutch Fanfare Orchestra and several other Wind Bands