Journey into Freedom

  • To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Journey into Freedom
  • From: Jacob Bakker <jabakker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 16:53:31 MET
  • Phone: ++31-40-744917

Hi all,

In my opinion Journey into Freedom is a good test-piece, although it is
composed quite some years ago. Some years ago, when Joseph Horovitz'
Ballet for Band was test-piece, a lot of people complained, but also
in "easy" music the better band can distinguish herself!
Maybe it's nice to the audience: Also the sub-toppers will sound
reasonable!

<?!> In my country is Journey into Freedom by Eric Ball  the set  pieces for our
<?!> National Championship. Allthough I love the piece and I love the music of Eric
<?!> Ball I prefer a new test-piece with new challenges  and new ways of composing
<?!> . I think in that way the brass scene gets a better opportunity to develop it
<?!> selves

Kind regards,
--
Jacob Bakker