Re: introduction

>As a followup to Gerry Procee's message I'd like to survey what pieces are
>being chosen for own choice contests (including the dreaded entertainment
>contests). I'd like info from all sections as I still help out bands in
>the lower sections. I'd like to find out if there's a pattern between
>choice of piece and contest result.
>
>So I'd be grateful for:
>Section\Name of Piece\Position attained\Adjuticator's Name

We did an entertainment contest here in April.
It was held in a tent, with 2 Bands from each grade A-D

The lower grade bands were handicapped to allow them to contest against the
A grades.  If I am remembering correctly
D grade were given 27 points
C grade		      20 points
B grade		      6 or 8 points

Result was that the two D grades placed first and second once the handicaps
were applied with an  A grade third (Again I am not certain about third).
I don't have the results with me at work. I think if this format is used
again they will not be so generous to the D grades. Handicaps were worked
out from the average marks gained at the State Championships in each grade
for the last few years.

We all  played a set hymn for a warmup, then we as a D grade played
Memory (Eupho solo -  not 'Memory' from Cats)
Jerome Kern for Brass
Aces High

It was only a 15 or 20 minute program inc. the hymn.

I can't remember what any of the other bands selected to play

This is an interesting topic and I hope to see a lot of replies.

Regards,  Gillian

     Gillian Laughton      (SS:MAF)
     Librarian, Adelaide Laboratory
     CSIRO. Div. of Manufacturing Technology
     PO Box 4, Woodville, South Aust., 5011
     E-Mail: gml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Phone: (08) 303-9123  CSIROTEL: 98 39123
     Fax:   (08) 303-9222

	 "Brass is beautiful"