women

The community radio station on which I present my fornightly Sounds of Brass
programme is having a week of Women's Radio on Student Radio (on which is my
show).

Sounds of Brass is going ahead with a different, female presenter but I
wonder if anyone out there could send all they know or can dig up about
females in brass banding - prominent or otherwise soloists, conductors,
arrangers, influences on what is still, though decreasingly, quite a male
movement.

This info would be needed by the middle of next week - Wednesday October 11
at 0830 GMT actually in time for the prerecord.

Anthony.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx