Re: women

>Sounds of Brass is going ahead with a different, female presenter but I
>wonder if anyone out there could send all they know or can dig up about
>females in brass banding - prominent or otherwise soloists, conductors,
>arrangers, influences on what is still, though decreasingly, quite a male
>movement.
>Anthony.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know of a female conductor for the Almere Brassband (Holland). This is
Prisca Aardenburg (also conductor of our fanfare-orchestra).
She is btw momentarily on maternity leave (expecting twins anyday now) and
as a replacement conductor there is again a female conductor: Ineke Wentink
(who is also the conductor of the student-fanfare-orchestra in our band).

So there you have it: fanfare-orchestras leading the way in the emancipatory
movement.

Tjip
[male ;-) ]
This was brought to you by:
Tjip, Sabine and Tjerk Zigterman    http://www.worldcity.nl/~tjip/index.html
HomePage to the Dutch Fanfare Orchestra and several other Wind Bands