Re: Re: 1996 British Contests

> > We'd really like to know the dates for the 1996 British Open and British
> > Nationals. Thanks in advance!
>
> Bad luck, you've missed the Open.  It was on the 9th of September, and Black
> Dyke won it.
>
> Now to the Nationals.  The 'official' National Finals (ie - Championship
Section
> Bands), is being held at the Royal Albert Hall, London, on the 21st of
October.
> The 3rd and 4th Section finals are being held at Wembley Conference Centre on
> the same day.  The 1st and 2nd Section finals are also being held at Wembley,
> the day after - the 22nd of October.

Sorry, I wasn't reading my mail properly.  I'd just come back from a concert
about 20 miles away, and was pretty tired.  Kirsten was, of course, asking the
dates of next year's contests.

I don't know about the Nationals yet, but the Open will take place on Saturday
the 14th of September at the new Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.

--
Tim Morgan
Bass Trombonist, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass, French Open Champions 1995.