Re: Yamahas

psharman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <psharman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I thought I would join in this discussion about Yamahas as I play, as well
> as eupho, french horn, on a Yamaha 668. This is a great instrument, which is

Just for your interest, I also play the same combination of instruments
(not manufacturers, though - I have a Paxman double, a Sovereign euph,
and a Webb-Halstead natural horn). I do have a yamaha trumpet, but don't
really play it much; just a very occasional stand-in.

> although I don't know anything about their cornets. Hope I haven't broken
> the rules by mentioning french horns! Kirsten

Our bandmaster doesn't like horns as a matter of principle; if I split a
note on the euph he tells me to stop playing the horn. I think he's
serious.

I did once have a mental abberation, and took my horn with me to band
practice rather than the euph. I think I gained a certain amount of
reluctant respect by playing the euph part on the horn all evening.
I never let on that the pitching's the same on the two instruments :-)

Ian