article for list -Reply

I sympathise with the problems of being your band's only bassist - I've
sometimes had to play engagements on EEb under those conditions.
What I used to find was that this had a slightly deleterious effect on (a)
the quality of the tone (though Heaven knows I've never had a really
good tone anyway ;-)), and (b) my sense of ensemble (less comments
about that, the better!).
Do you think your band might be prepared to invest in recruiting/training
another bassist? Having now been converted (!) to BBb, I can't help
thinking that one EEb and one BBb might be an appropriate mixture (if still
a little light) for a band like yours.
Incidentally, I'm interested to hear that Cerveny do tubas in EEb and BBb -
I thought they only produced them in F and C for the orchestral market?
Martin Taylor
(BBb bass, Wantage Silver)