Introduction (fwd)

This message was mistakenly sent to brassband@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead
of brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Here it is.

Forwarded message follows:

Hi -
I'm new to the group, so I thought I would introduce myself.  I have a trumpet
performance degree from Northern Illinois University and have played in various
local orchestras and bands.  What I enjoy most, however, is playing solo cornet
in the Illinois Brass Band.  I was raised in the Salvation Army musical
tradition, so I began on cornet.  Also, my high school band used cornets for
all the cornet parts.  My favorite performers include Philip Smith and Peggy
Payton-Thomas.
One question:  Does anyone know if any non-US bands will compete at the NABBA
Championships in April 1996?

Laura F. Smith
laura.f.smith@xxxxxxxxx

--
Nigel Horne, Technical Director SoftCare Media Systems Ltd.
Internet: njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Fidonet: Nigel Horne @ 2:2502/21.10;