(Fwd) Re: Contest Results

 I was at London at the weekend, and the contest was
pretty good.In my opinion,  the piece ( Songs for B.L ) wasn't all that good -
nowhere near as good as Revelation. The Results were as follows :-

		 1 - Black Dyke Mills			 94
		 2 - Yorkshire Building Society	   93
		 3 - Desford Colliery			   91
		 4 - Brighouse and Rasterick	       90
		 5 - B.N.F.L					89
		 6 - Ridgid Containers Group	     88

As you can see the results are pretty low, as the piece was pretty
difficult. The trombone part goes up to super F !!! -. It must be
one of the hardest trombone parts around for a contest piece. I heard
15 out of the 19 bands, and thought Black Dyke deserved to win. I
thought Brighouse should have came second. I liked Desford
performance all the way through the day, but everyone told me that
they were . Peter Parks conducted them. Y.B.S were good, but the sound
at the end wasn't very big, compared to band like Dyke and Brighouse.
B.N.F.L had  alot of slips in the performance, but they had a good
sound and the soloist played  well, especially Russel Gray. Alan
wycherly played well, but Kevin Crockford was better. The sop has a top C
at fff at the end of the piece, quite a killer !!.. I heard
Fishburn and Eveready( which are two of my bands from home ), and Fishburn
 were streets ahead of them. Alan Exley had Eveready

Adrian Henry