Help

Hello.

    This is the first time I have written to the Brass Band list, so as well
as my plea for help here is a short introduction.

    My name is Matthew Taylor, I am 27 years old and I live in Ratby, a
small village just outside Leicester, England. Ratby does have it own Band,
but I play for Barlestone Victoria City of Leicester Brass, a second section
band based in Barlestone; a village just a few miles further out of
Leicester.

    I have played for the same band since the age of 14, the last 8 of those
sitting in the Principal Tenor Horn spot, in that time have managed to reach
what I would class as a reasonable standard. I can also, however, claim to
be able to play the Flugel Horn and the Cornet.

    Enough about Me, now down to the real reason I wrote to the list, my
plea for help.

    I shall shortly be moving up to the Outer Hebrides to work for a period
of not less than three months. I feel this is too long a period to be
without going to a band practice, so does any one out there know of any kind
of band or group (not just Brass Bands) that would be willing to let me come
along and have a blow, preferably on Tenor Horn but failing that on Flugel
or Cornet, while I am working away.

    For those that know the area I shall be staying in a Hotel in Liniclate
on the Island of Benbecula, but I shall also be travelling around a bit.

    Thanks.

	    Matthew Taylor.