RE: European Brass Band Championships 1996 (Bergen, Norway)

What's everyone's opinion on this ?

If I remember correctly, Black Dyke got 240 000 GBP sponsorship
from bradford and Bingley's over three years.

The story I've heard is that Tredgar Band are putting their hands in
their
own pockets to go.

I guess that means they want to represent their country and the Dyke
players don't ?

We don't get many chances to represent our country in any form - so
I find it amazing that Dyke think they should refuse ?
Do you think they are letting us all down ? Unless there is something
else
behind it all..........

Is there anyone else who wouldn't be prepared to pay some money towards
such a trip themselves ? I guess we all might refuse if we were just paid
professionals, but we are all band fans/fanatics/hobbyists aren't we ?

Thanks - look forward to your replies !