Who am I.

"Please allow me to introduce myself" as the Rolling Stones was singing in
the sixtees.

Im Soeren Nordholt, the oe is instead af the danish letter , but this
letter cant be displayed out there.

Im the nearly former president of the danish association of windbands and
Brass Bands. Leaving the "job" - totally unpayed - in the beginning of
march. If I was on my own I think I wouldnt, but in fact I have a job, I
have a wife - still - and I have 3 children. 2 of them in a age that
gives there parents many frustrations, because of difficulties of finding
out what to do in the grown up age. And not to forget I have still ambitions
 of doing a good performance as EsBas-player(since 1988)in Helleruplund
Brass Band ( former FDF Kongens Lyngby ) So looking on the DAO-web you can
find out that I have once joined the winning band in the Danish
Championships.( 1974 ) Long time ago, playing 3.cornet.
That tells you that Im not a youngster anymore, but still have one year on
the good side of 50. My band career started in the ago of about 10, in
Esbjerg in Jutland. Im now living near Copenhagen, 20 kilometers up north.
This has been my place for 23 years now.
The bands in denmark are not as good as we could like, but we still fight to
be better. We have not enough good conductors and to many playing with the
"left hand". In fact the many other things young people can spend their time
on is hard to compet.

Doing this Internetting seems very interesting to me and I am sure that in a
short time we can have "Brass Band - Windband News" on the web. The main
journals British Bandsman, Brass Band World, Winds, Clarino - any more? -
have to take this media seriusly.
I have made the suggestion to EBBA to go on Internet. This could be a very
fast way to inform about everything. Of course its still in the birth but
when you look at the speed the last year it would not take long.

In daytime, and often also early morning and late night, I work at the
danish radio (HTTP://www.dr.dk) Its in the tecnical department which have
just been reduced to the half. The other half is now situated in the
programming departments they work for. Taperecorders is on their way out,
and computers is taking over.
My job is in the main traffic center for distributing and contributing and
taking care of the programs running.
Last week I also had to take care of the BBCs programs. When I listened to
the satellite distributed signal from BBC 2 - the program "Listen to the
band" with Frank Renton, it really sounded awful. I phoned them and they
found out that the processor compressing the signal in daytime (before 19.00
UTC)had been maintained and replaced with an other. Unfortunally they have
forgotten to switch on the funtion which enabels the automatic to do so.
Its OK now. Ihave checked it, so you can again enjoy the ppp.

Thank you for reading.

PS. Visit the DAO homepage on( Http://www.cybernet.dk/users/dao-info/ )