Re: funding and sponsorship

       Hello all,
  With all this talk about how much  various bands get for
sponsorship, and how much it cost to travel here and there. Perhaps
you may like to spare a few throughts for us here in Australia. OK
our Bands are in general not good, as say a Black Dyke, and we have next
to no Public profile. But please remember we still have to have the
good Instruments and we also have to travel long distances. If
the Australian Titles were help in Perth one year, our Band, Waratah
Mayfield would have to somehow raise the money for a 3 1/2 hour
Flight.

Phillip Anderton in his post mention his Band, Warrigah, had just
lost it's $2000 AUD from their local council, that is a big blow. We
received some hats and ties from our City Council, that is over the
last 3 years.  Ok so I'm starting to winge a little, but if any
instrment manufactures are reading this all the Australian Bands,
need help !!!.

  All the Best Mark