Re: European Brass Band Championships 1996 (Bergen, Norway)

Richard Gosney wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 1996 12:10:55 PST, you wrote:
> >
> >I spoke with someone yesterday who (rightly or wrongly) told me that the
> >principal cornet at Grimethorpe is on a 7000 pound a year retainer! Is
> >this really banding?
> >
> Slightly off-thread I know but, I hear a rumour that Roger Webster has
> joined Grimethorpe as Principal Cornet. Anyone confirm this ?
>
> --
> Richard Gosney
> Sheffield, UK
>
> --

Hi Richard,
>From the same person that (rightly or wrongly) told me that the
principal cornet at Grimethorpe is on a 7000 pound a year retainer! He also told me that Shaun
Randell has been let go (even though Shaun can be quite big headed he is still an excellent
cornet player.) He also told me that Grimethorpe had been rejected  by numerous players including
Roger Webster (not sure if he is still on contract with Glasgow?) and that they had in fact
signed Richard Marshall. Only time will tell which rumour is true.

----
Phil Sturdy				       Email - pas@xxxxxxxxx
Engineering Technology
Shardlow				       Phone - +44 1332 799777
England					       Fax   - +44 1332 792563