[no subject]

  • Apparently-to: brassarc

Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 20:04:37 -0800
From: BandsmanAren@xxxxxxxxxx
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: MOTOR CITY BRASS BAND START
	boundary="PART.BOUNDARY.0.18296.hp1.online.apple.com.823406672"

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.18296.hp1.online.apple.com.823406672

An update on the newest Brass Band in the world!!!!

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.18296.hp1.online.apple.com.823406672

 =

MOTOR CITY BRASS BAND
P.O. Box 51323
Livonia, MI  48151 =

BANDSMANAREN@xxxxxxxxx

THE HISTORIC BEGINNING!
February 3rd at Bentley Center

On Cornet
James Aren, Deborah Baer Lokey, Dick Ray, Herb Cocking, John Kay, Julie A=
ren
Horns
Charles McDougall (Flugel), John Aren, Gerald Prunty, Stewart Hay, Sharon=
 Backstrom
Baritone
Gordon Palmer, Nancy William,
Trombone
Greg Poterala, Scott Coombs
Euphonium
Matthew Summers, Michael Schott
Bass
John Kay, Ray Murphy
Percussion
Patricia Prunty
At the Podium
Ray MacLean & Bram Gregson

We expected many more to come out but understand that the sub-zero temper=
atures may have kept a few of you at home.  =

Don=D5t miss our =

Next rehearsal
Monday, February 12th, 1996
Bentley Center Band Room

Other Historic Firsts
First application received: David Rose
First one ever to pay for anything: Greg Poterala
First one ever to use the P.O. Box: John C. Kay
First ever to conduct: John S. Aren
First number ever played:  The Shepherd=D5s Song
(lovely solo work done by Deborah Baer Lokey)

The band showed great potential and maturity with lovely sounds coming fr=
om each section.  Many newcomers to the movement were amazed at the poten=
tial to detail and the requirements on each individual player throughout =
the score.  The first rehearsal included The Shepherds=D5 Song, Confectio=
ns for Brass, Crimond, Elsa=D5s Procession, Choral & Tocatta & Trittico.

We will fondly remember =

Bram Gregson=D5s 5 areas of concern: =

D.A.M.P.I.T.
Duration
Articulation
Pitch =

Intensity
Timbre

We are looking ahead to:
April 12-13th
NABBA CHAMPIONSHIPS XIV
Columbus, Ohio
Host:  Brass Band of Columbus
Gala Concert Guest
T.S.A. Southern Territorial Brass Band

DUES:  Phase 1:  =

$20 due on the 12th payable to N.A.B.B.A..  This will cover the requireme=
nts necessary to participate in the championships and entitle you to a 1 =
yr. subscription to the Brass Band Bridge.

Side Notes:
Please carry your own stand to rehearsals.  If you do not have a stand.  =
Call Brasswinds @ (800) 348-5003 and secure a black Manhasset for ~$22.  =
 Make sure you secure their catalog.  They beat all other resources every=
 time. =

If you have any interest in serving M.C.B.B. as an Officer, please attend=
 the board meeting on the 12th at 6:30 in the Band room.  We will fine tu=
ne Officer and Committee descriptions.  Each bandsperson is expected to s=
erve on a committee.  =

Please consider purchasing a M.C.B.B. tee shirt at the next rehearsal.  T=
he price for these fashionable cotton shirts is only $10.  ABJ needs to c=
over costs.

We wish to bid John Kay a fond farewell on his Florida retreat.  We owe J=
ohn a great deal of gratitude for his diligent efforts in securing the Be=
ntley Center and for fronting the costs associated with effort.  We hope =
to see him return safely in time to join us in Columbus.

We would also like to thank James Aren for his publicity work with the pr=
ess and Cindy Werner for her work on the internet.  =

Thank you to Jill Johnson and ABJ for the original design of our tee-shir=
ts and running the counter for us.   ABJ is available for design and prod=
uction of tee shirts, stand banners, caps.... at (810) 585 4259.

If you missed out on C.D.s  give Bert Wiley a call at (704) 293 9312.  Go=
od playing begins with good listening.  Ask Bert for some suggestions.=

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.18296.hp1.online.apple.com.823406672--