Re: Yeovil results

Tim Morgan wrote:

> Hi all, just returned from Yeovil, but had to shoot off before the results.  If
> anyone could post the results, or at least the winning band and where we came
> with points if poss., i'd be most grateful.
>
> Best wishes,
> --
> Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
> French Open Champions 1995, Burtonwood Brewery Champions 1995.
>
> --

Don't know what the results are but when someone finds out could they
also say where William Davis's came.

Just as an aside I went to a very small contest in Kirby In Ashfield
yesterday, it used to be the Coal Board qualifiers for Nottinghamshire,
the test pieces used are the same as this years area. The results were

4th Section
1st Market Raison

3rd Section
1st Harworth

2nd Section
1st Riddings

1st Section
1st Newstead
2nd Foss Dyke
3rd Ireland Colliery

(To be honest there was some really bad playing in this section I was
very disappointed with the standard, especially of Foss Dyke who have
only just come down from the top section)

Championship section
1st Ransomes
2nd Thortons

Both bands played quite well and there wasn't much between them -
however both bands had a bit of nervy playing.
--
Phil Sturdy				       Email - pas@xxxxxxxxx
Engineering Technology