Sibelius7/Junior school band

Dear all,
I've just got on to the net, so I'm pleased to be in contact with this
group. All my family play for Kettering Citadel Band, but I live in
Leeds.

Just a couple of things to throw into the pot for conversation:

I'm using an Acorn computer. I bought it to use Sibelius7, as advertised
in Brass Band World. I wondered if there were any others on line who
use it for banding purposes, or are thinking of buying it?

At the moment I'm finding great joy in a little band that I started
in a local Junior School, Newlands School, Morley. The children are
aged 7 - 11 at the school, and I've got a little group of 8 cornets,
3 tenor horns 2 euphoniums, percussion, and a mum who plays bass.
It is a great thrill to see the children progressing, but I wonder
if anyone can give me any advice regarding material. I have to write
it out myself at the moment. I'd be very interested in peoples
experiences with ensembles of children so young. The school have
just put in a bid for lottery money, which will mean that I can get
rid of the chinese instruments! The children played recently for
Prince Philip, when he came to Morley to open a new factory.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Nigel Wears