John Hartmann

Greetings,

I am an brass instructor in the US. Currently, I am in the stages of
preparing a lecture/recital. One of the pieces on the program is Facilita
by John Hartmann. The few sources I have located only list his dates
1830-1897 and that he was an English cornet virtuoso. Does anyone know
where I could find material that would give additional information
regarding his life, compositions, and education, etc.? Thank you for your
understanding.

Best wishes,

James A. Smart