Re: Australian National Contest, Easter 1996

     Hello all,
  Thank you Phillip for the kind words about Waratah Mayfield band
with regard to our preparation for the Australian Nationals. We would
be happier if it was about 2 weeks further away, but none the less
things are going OK. We will be performing all the music we will be
playing at the contest, at a concert in about 4 weeks I think. We
like to try the pieces out, and put us under a little pressure, so
that when we get up.on stage, it is not too stressful.

  It will be a little strange for the 'A' graders this year, we will
be playing in the afternoon and early evening. A few years ago in
Melbourne we played our test at 11.40 PM. I shouldidn't make any
difference really. I also believe that ther Parade of Bands, (Street
March) will be on the Saturday Morning, I think we'll be on about
9.00 am.  I think the New Zealanders will do very well in the contest
and particularly well in the March. I remenber watching the then
Continental Airlines in Melbourne, they were just Brilliant!!!.

  All the Best
  Mark
  Bass Trombone Waratah Mayfield Band