Midlands Area

Hi all,
I know that there will probably be a lot of postings with the results
from the Midlands but here are the full results of the top section and
the first for from the first section and any others I could remember

Top section

1 - Rigids (no surprise there)
2 - Rhodian
3 - Sovereign
4 - Staffordshire Building Society
5 - Ransomes
6 - Thoresby
7 - Thortons
8 - Desford B
9 - Rolls Royce Coventry
10 - Kibworth
11 - William Davis (who woiuld beleivce that hat trick of wins at the
area now??)
12 - Foresters
13 - Notts city transport

Unofficially the 4 bands going down are
Thortons, kibworth, foresters and city transport

First Section

1 - Glossop Old - An excellent performance of spectrum
2 - Hathern
3 - Enderby
4 - Ratby - This is my band - we missed a place to Cardiff by one point!

Second Section

1 - Riddings
2 - Can't remember
3 - Ibstock

Third Section

1 - Whaley bridge
2 - derwent brass
3 - kirkby colliery

Didn'' get any results from the forth section sorry!

It was quite an enjoyable weekend all round, the top section playing was
very ropy in places with only rigids really getting to grips with it(even
they weren't spotless) - the only band I didn't hear in the frame was
sovereign. The first section was quite a close thing after second place.
The winning band however were miles ahead of anyone else, they have won
the midland area for the last 3 years now going up the sections I suspect
that they will be in the top section next year!
Got to go now anyway, if anyone knows more of the results from the first
section let me know, I will try and find out during the day.
Bye

--
Phil Sturdy				       Email - pas@xxxxxxxxx
Engineering Technology