Alliance & Leicester Kibworth Band News

* * * * * * *  Alliance & Leicester Kibworth Band  News  * * * * * * * *

05.03.96

National Lottery Application

The Alliance & Leicester Kibworth Band is delighted to be able to
inform you that it has been awarded £50,067 from National Lottery,
through the Arts Council of England, to assist in the replacement of aging
brass and percussion instruments.

The news was welcomed today by the band, who have been eagerly
awaiting the results of their application made to the Arts Council of
England.

The funding will allow for the older instruments in the band to be
replaced, while also releasing surplus instruments for a small junior
ensemble to be formed to provide a feed of  players to the main band.
If anyone knows of individuals who may be interested in joining such
a group in South Leicestershire, UK please let us know.

ALLIANCE & LEICESTER KIBWORTH BAND NEWS LETTER

The Alliance & Leicester Kibworth Band has launched the first edition
of its email news letter today. We hope to cover news about the
Alliance & Leicester Kibworth Band and other bands around the world
on the Net. If you would like to look forward to finding this periodic
posting in your mailbox from time to time, just send a message
to: kibworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and in the body of the
note type: subscribe

To express your opinion about 'The Alliance & Leicester Kibworth Band
News', or to let us know about an event or site you think we should
mention, send your message to: kibworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(This is NOT a mailing list service - just our own news letter - we
are not trying to replace the excellent Brass Band Mailing List!)

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Peter Harris
Promotions Secretary