Re: National Contest in New Zealand

 Margaret McGregor wrote about the NZ Contest:
>On Sunday there is normally a quickstep test and a display but I have heard a
>rumour that that has been dropped this year.  So I don't know what will happen
>there.

This year there won't be a quickstep or display march. However, this has
been left up to individual organisers, so in Taranaki 1997 there will be
apparently something on the Sunday as yet undefined, but the points won't
count for the final total (if I understood correctly).

I personally think that this is a sad loss of a piece of our cultural
history, whatever the pros and cons about marching, which have been fully
discussed already, because few other countries do display marching quite
like it's done in New Zealand.

Kirsten Sharman