Brass Band music - Australian library seeks advice.

Greetings from Newcastle-On-Hunter, sometimes known as the Brass Band
capital of Oz.

I am a Special Projects Librarian at this university, and have been asked
to work on a collection of Brass Band music (performance parts) of about
600 titles.  Most of it appears to have been published in the UK about
1930 - 1950.

I have looked in Australia's biggest catalogue (which includes all but
one of our universities)  and in the "Research Libraries In North
America" catalogue for library records, but have not found even one of
these particular works.

Does anybody out there know of a library with an extensive Brass Band
collection that also has a computerised catalogue? If so, would you
please advise me.

I will tell this List when the collection is available, although if you
don't live in Australia it will be pretty hard to borrow from it.
Susan McDonald		     | Internet: ulsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quality Control, Auchmuty Library  | Ph  (intl+61+49) 215392
University of Newcastle, AUSTRALIA | Fax (intl+61+49) 215833