RE:BBC Festival of Brass recordings available?

At 18:43 21-03-96 +1100, you wrote:

>Our solo Euphonium, John Saunders, would  like to know whether the BBC
>Festival of Brass transmissions (discussed on this list a few weeks back)
>are/were recorded, and whether it would be possible to order a copy of the
>recordings, either from the BBC or a commercial agency.

The concerts are to be broadcasted by BBC radio 3 in april and may. I will
record this concerts on cassette tape (for personal use, of course). I think
that Doyen will release a compact disc with "highlights" from the festival
of brass, which they also did in 1991 and 1992. Strange is the fact that
Doyen announced that they should
release also a cd with recordings of the festival of 1994. Doyen still did not
release this one, which is strange because Nick Childs (manager of Doyen)
confirmed
this to me personally after a concert in february 1994. I am afraid that BBC
will not offer any copies of the recordings, because of the fact that there is
a record company involved in this bussiness.

Eric de Cloe
Solo euphonium Brassband Schoonhoven and Andels Fanfare Corps (The Netherlands)