RE:BBC Festival of Brass recordings available?

> Our solo Euphonium, John Saunders, would  like to know whether the BBC
> Festival of Brass transmissions (discussed on this list a few weeks back)
> are/were recorded, and whether it would be possible to order a copy of the
> recordings, either from the BBC or a commercial agency.
>
> Thanks and all information gratefully received,
>
> Phil Anderton
> Warringah Concert Brass Band
> Sydney, Australia.

The performances are recorded and broadcast by BBC Radio 3. As far as
I am aware it is not a BBC policy to release the recordings
commercially on a regular basis. In the past, however, they have
released the odd thing - Fodens playing the Wilfred Heaton Toccata,
also some of the Henry V on the Walton Black Dyke CD was recorded live
at the BBC a few years ago. The guy to get intouch with for info on
this is the producer of the Festival of Brass Series, Paul Hindmarsh.

Hope this helps

Les McCormack
Black Dyke Mills Band