[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FW: VIRUS ALERT!!
- To: TUBAEUPH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: FW: VIRUS ALERT!!
- From: Mike.Wier@xxxxxxx
- Date: 29 Mar 96 06:13:42 -0800
- Alternate-recipient: Prohibited
- Autoforwarded: FALSE
- Conversion: Allowed
- Conversion-with-loss: Allowed
- Delivery-date: 29 Mar 96 06:13:43 -0700
- Importance: normal
- Message-type: Multiple Part
- Original-encoded-information-types: IA5-Text
- Priority: normal
- Reply-to: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- X400-mts-identifier: [/PRMD=AMD/ADMD=ATTMAIL/C=US;ISOCOR-3156d74b-FSOMTA1]
- X400-originator: Mike.Wier@fsomta1.amd.com
- X400-received: by mta FSOMTA1 in /PRMD=AMD/ADMD=ATTMAIL/C=US; Relayed; 29 Mar 96 06:13:42 -0800
- X400-received: by /PRMD=AMD/ADMD=ATTMAIL/C=US; Relayed; 29 Mar 96 06:13:42 -0800
- X400-recipients: TUBAEUPH@CMSUVMB.BITNET
- X400-recipients: email@example.com
Here is information on a new very ugly virus. Please pass this on. I
have posted it to the Tubaeuph and Brass Band lists.
Date: 29 Mar 96 06:13:43 -0700
Delivery-Date: 29 Mar 96 06:13:43 -0700
Message-Type: Multiple Part
I just recieved this. Pass it along to everyone in the office, just in
case it is true.
Subject: FW: New and Dangerous Virus!!
For your information ...
DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY FILE NAMED PKZIP300 REGARDLESS OF THE
WARNING!!!!! Read the following and take note for those of you who access
the web and ftp sites. . . BE WARE!!! Notify your friends and family
total strangers too!!! We don't want to deal with anything like this
We work closely with the military and received this message from a very
reliable source in DC this morning.
A NEW Trojan Horse Virus has emerged on the internet with the
PKZIP300.ZIP, so named as to give the impression that this file
a new version of the PKZIP software used to -ZIP- (compress)
DO NOT DOWNLOAD this file under any circumstances!!! If you install
or expand this file, the virus WILL wipe your hard disk clean
affect modems at 14.4 and higher. This is an extremely destructive
virus and there is NOT yet a way of cleaning up this one.
REPEAT: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY FILE NAMED PKZIP300 REGARDLESS OF
Richard D. Richins
College of Engineering
University of California, Riverside
unsubscribe or receive the list in digest form, mail a message of 'help' to