Introduction

Hello members of the Brass Band list,
    I am a junior at the University of Georgia in the United States.  I
play the euphonium and the tuba and am working on o both an education
degree and a performance degree.  My main interest in brass bands stems
from the hope that I will be able to go to graduate school in the United
Kingdom.
    I must pose a few questions about brass bands because I am unsure ab
about what a section number is?  I assume that it has something to do
with the level of competition that the band participates in, but I am
unsure.  Also, in a question related to graduate school in the UK, what
are some of the excellent music schools?  I know of the Royal Academy.
Obviously, I want to find out about schools with extremely strong brass
programs, and ones with exceptional euphonium and tuba professors.
    Any ideas or information would be very, very helpful seeing as how
I am uncertain about my options.  Thanks in advance and please feel free
to start a disscussion about schools in the UK with brass bands, or e-ma
e-mail me personally.  Thanks again.

Adam Frey
Euphonium and Tuba
University of Georgia