Tenor horn

Hi everyone!  I am the solo tenor horn player in the Heidelberg Brass
Band in Tiffin, Ohio USA.  I have a few questions actually if you'll bear
with me.  I'll try to be as organized as possible(:
First of all, anyone out there who plays B&H tenors, do you find problems
with your valves?  I play a 900 Series, and I still have lots and lots of
tight valve problems!
Secondly:  One of my all time dreams since getting into brass bands two
years ago when ours was founded has been to come to England and play in a
"real" brass band!  Are there many bands that are all male, or are there
opportunities for women to play that are very common? (I'm not sure how
to word this!)
Lastly, anyone could answer this, to the experts...do you usually have
more than one solo horn in your bands?  Our director added a second this
year and I find i am having a hard time playing with him and tuning.  He
mainly plays horn and doesn't put a lot of time in on his brass band
instrument.  Our sounds just don't blend!  Just curious!
Thanks everyone!
Lisa Kaye Muth
lmuth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx