NABBA Championships Info

To all of those who want/need NABBA information, here is what I have.

The actual contest will take place on the 14th and 15th of April (Friday
and Saturday). 19-20 bands will be competing.

It is being held in Dublin, Ohio (right outside of Columbus) at Dublin
Coffman High School, in the schools first-rate Performing Arts Center
(seating @700-750). The high school is located off of Coffman Road. You
can take I-270 to (I believe) Post Road and then right onto Coffman. You
can't miss the school.

The solo comp and Open Class bands perform on Friday night. Saturday
monring, the Youth division goes first. This year, only one band will be
in that division, and they perform at 8 am. Then the Challenge division
goes at @8:30 with my band performing 10:18 pm (4th of six). Then the
honors division goes (starting roughly around 12? 1230?) and then
Championship section performs.

At 7:45 pm in the Dublin Coffman Gymnasium, the awards announcements will
be made. Starting at 8:00pm will be the 11th annual "God and Country" gala
concert, featuring the Brass Band of Columbus, and the Salvation Army
Southern Territorial band, two of the finest bands in the country.

These are the only times I have.

Friday:
Scioto Valley Brass and Percussion Company 10:00 pm (last of the night)

Saturday:
8:00 am-Junior Varsity All Star Brass Band of Columbus (Youth Section)
10:18 am-Varsity All Star Brass Band of Columbus (Challenge Section)
1:14 pm-All Star Brass and Percussion of Columbus (Honors Section)
2:45 pm-Brass Band of Columbus (BBC) (Championship Section)
5:13 pm-Central Ohio Brass Band (Championship? Open Class?)
7:45 pm-Awards Ceremony
8:00 pm-Gala Concert (done approx. 10pm)

Any other questions should be directed towards Marty Jenkins (BBC
Percussion) at: mjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx He may have more information
than I do, and please make sure to tell him Matt LaFontaine referred you.

My apologies for the lack of info, but this is my first year in a brass
band organization, and I don't have too much info to go on.

Matt LaFontaine

Dublin Scioto HS Boy's Varsity Tennis Team
Dublin Scioto HS Marching Band '98 Bari.
All Star Brass Bands of Columbus Varsity Euph.
Performing at NABBA '96 in Dublin, Ohio